Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off to a slow start

It seems that I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I want to since the new year started and I am pretty sure it's not for lack of things to blog about. Having Todd at home for the holidays spoiled me a little bit. It was nice to have him home with us during the day and we were able to get several projects done around the house. I even did a bit of decluttering, which is one of my ongoing goals.

Michael has been back to school this week and he was excited to tell everyone about all the building blocks (Legos) that he got for Christmas. Every afternoon this week while Katie has been taking her nap, we have built a different thing. On Monday, Todd helped him with the fire station. Tuesday, he played with the fire station. For the past 2 days, he has played with the big box of random Legos. We have made a car, helicopter and a gas station! It's also fun to show him how to build things using different pieces, not just following the directions.

Next week I hope that I will be back in the routine, even though I would like to make some modifications. I also need to get back to weekly meal planning, as this takes a lot of stress away. And I want to start getting to bed a little earlier so that means less computer time for me at night.

No comments: