Thursday, September 9, 2010

I want to play soccer ball

A few weeks ago, we signed Michael up to play soccer this fall. I asked him if he would like to play soccer and he told me that he was ready to go to play soccer ball. The day that i signed him up, he wanted to play that day. I told him he would have to wait for a couple of weeks.

He is playing with other 4 and 5 year old boys and girls. Seeing all the little kids out on the field is too cute. The first practice was on Wednesday night. They will have several practices and then their first game will be in about 2 weeks. The team will meet on Monday and Wednesday nights, with the game being on one of those nights.

Last night, they went over a few rules of the game, such as not picking up the ball with your hands and how to kick the ball and stop it when passed to you. Michael was ready to learn and seemed to really have fun on the field. The practice lasted about 45 minutes. Every kid had a turn to kick the ball into the goal. They also worked on passing the ball with another player and stopping the ball after it was kicked to them. After the practice was over, Michael wanted to keep playing. We let him know that he could come back next week to practice some more. I can't wait to see the first game.





2 comments:

MyWorld said...

I went to a friend's daughter's soccer game when she was about five or six. I learned that I am far too competitive to have a child in soccer or any other sport for that matter. His daughter would skip after the ball and then jump up and down when she got close to it because she was so excited. The anxiety was brutal for me.

I have seriously got to learn to relax.

Joanna said...

Cute, cute, cute.

Hey, this makes you a soccer mom!