Thursday, September 23, 2010

I thought it was fall

Earlier this week, I saw that it was the first day of fall. Other than a few stray leaves on the lawn and the return to school, I would still think that it's summer. The temperatures here have remained in the mid 90's on a daily basis. I still try to stay in the shade to keep from having sweat drip down my back. Michael keeps asking me why we can't go to the pool anymore, as it's been closed for almost 2 weeks now. I have contemplated taking the baby pool back out and setting it up here for the kids to play in and cool down.

I heard a rumor that next week is supposed to bring cooler temperatures. I imagine that means something in the high 80's. I am not really complaining as I am not a fan of cold weather at all. But it seems like we jump straight from summer to winter. It will be unbearably hot one week and then the next week I am looking for my fleece pullover.

It's hard to get in the spirit of fall with such hot weather. Halloween is just a little more than a month away and I find myself wondering if the costume that we got for Michael is going to be too warm. I decorated the inside of our house for fall to get ready!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You think it's weird down there, it's even weirder up here. It's supposed to be 92 today! Crazy. Although, with the really dry summer, trees have been dropping leaves for about a month. So it's hot, but looks like fall.