Monday, September 13, 2010

9 inches this time

Last Thursday morning, I went to get my haircut. I finally decided it was long enough to donate to Locks of Love and not be left with super short hair. I ended up donating 9 inches and got another 1/2 inch or so trimmed off. I don't like really short hair for me for some reason. It has been almost 2 years to the day since the first time I donated my hair. It takes me a little while to grow it out but feels so good when I finally get it cut off. I don't know if I will grow it out again to donate but we'll see.

Before pic (courtesy of Michael):




After pic:



I think this is a great thing to do if you can have patience and let your hair grow out. I feel fortunate to be able to donate my hair to someone who really needs it. I still have enough left that I could probably donate another 8 inches.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I love that they can cut off nine inches and you still have long hair when they are done. What a great cause. And, a great cut. Very cute.

Lindsay said...

Wow! I would never have the patience to grow my hair that long. I get itchy for cuts 3-4 times/year. Good for you!

Kara said...

That's awesome that you do that. I wanted to donate mine last time I got a big cut but my hairdresser said I couldn't since I have highlights. :(

MyWorld said...

I contemplated having my daughter donate hers, but she panics at every hair cut that it's going to be too short. She needs it to be long enough for "Rapunzel braids."

I look awful with long hair and unfortunately wouldn't have the emotional stamina to grow it out that long. I think it's an amazing thing to do, though.

I tried to donate blood one time and my blood pressure bottomed out big time. The nurse told me something that's kind of been my donation mantra since then, "Next time, donate clothes or money . . . not blood!" So that's what I do. Clothes and money.

: )

Stacey said...

You look great with your new cut!

Carrie said...

How wonderful! And, I love your new cut!

Mel said...

Beautiful! You are blessed with really nice hair. My hair grows so slowly, and I don't think anyone would even want it LOL! - plus I do get highlights, like Kara.

London said...

Looks great! Apparently I only had to cut one more inch the last time I cut mine to have enough to donate. But I couldn't spare another inch, it was already so short!