Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflections

Isn't it crazy how some moments stand out in your mind and you can remember what you were doing at that exact moment in time? But then other things that you did a million times don't seem to leave any impression at all.

I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the morning of September 11, 2001. I was sitting at my desk at work. I got a call from my mom saying that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. My dad was doing contract work right across the river from the WTC. Thankfully, he was fine. We turned on the TV at the office in time to see another plane hit the second tower. We were glued to the TV for the rest of the day at work and at home that night. I remember being in shock that something this serious had happened. I also kept waiting for them to bring out survivors. Unfortunately, there were not many. I know that I felt such relief that my dad was OK as he was so close to the tragedy. My mom spent the next few days trying to get up there to be with him from NC.

Ten years later, the world has changed in so many ways. My life has also changed drastically. I was a newly married working woman. Now I have been married for almost 11 years, have 2 kids and am lucky enough to stay at home with them. I am thankful for my family every single day.

No comments: