Monday, November 15, 2010

Lessons Learned

Yesterday we went to a birthday party for one of Michael's classmates. One of the things that they did at the party was to roast marshmallows to make smores. On the table were the other ingredients for the smores: the graham crackers and the chocolate bars.

The kids were playing in the yard after the birthday boy opened his presents. I kept noticing Michael going over to the table where the chocolate was. He was taking a few squares of the chocolate bar at a time. I told him not to eat so much candy but I figured he wasn't eating that much. And we let him eat as much candy as he wanted on Halloween and he was fine.

Fast forward to this morning. Michael woke up around 7:00, complaining of a stomach ache. He kept saying that he was hot too and was trying to get on to the cool sheets. Next thing I know he is heading to the bathroom to get sick. I asked him if he felt better and he said that he was worried about getting sick on the grass at school. He is home today and seems to be doing much better now.

Lesson learned: there can be such a thing as too much chocolate!


Stacey said...

Hard to believe! I hope he can still enjoy chocolate in the future.

Joanna said...

Yes, there can be too much chocolate...but it always seems so worth it at the time.

I hope he's feeling better today.