Saturday, October 16, 2010

Last Day at Disney

Today was our last day of our Disney vacation. Michelle and Alex had to get up early to head back home but we were going to be able to take advantage of another day in the parks as we drove there and were heading on to Ft. Lauderdale for the second week of our vacation.

After getting up, we finished packing and loaded up the van. That way, we only had to come back later to pick up the car and not worry about getting all of our stuff out of the hotel room. We boarded a bus to Hollywood Studios. We had planned to get there early as it was a day with Extra Magic Hours but we didn't get there until the park was opening at its' regular hours.

Since we had already been there earlier in the week, we headed straight for the Toy Story Mania ride. The wait was already 70 minutes but we were able to get fastpasses for 3:30 in the afternoon. We went to see the Playhouse Disney show, which Michael enjoyed. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been a favorite show of his for several years now.

After the show, we headed over to the Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Since I am not a fan of these rides and Michael wasn't tall enough, Todd rode these rides alone. He loves rides like those. While he was on the rides, we got a little snack for breakfast and did some people watching. On our way out of the park, Michael got a souvenir, a Pluto hat. He was really good about not wanting everything that he saw while we were there.

We left Hollywood Studios after this and took a boat over to Epcot. We headed into the countries again and went over to Germany to eat lunch. We had bratwurst, frankfurters and pretzels. It was a nice change from what we had been having and Michael got a popsicle on our walk back to the boat.

Outside the country of Norway was the coolest train track through a small town. It was setup over two areas and went under the sidewalk in one part. Michael could have watched the train go for hours. It was quite elaborate and detailed. I can't even imagine the time and effort that went into the design and execution.

We took the boat back to Hollywood Studios with a detour at the Boardwalk to get some candy and do some window shopping. As we exited the boat, someone getting on offered us fastpasses to Toy Story Mania. We now had 4 additional passes and headed back to the ride. The 4 of us went on the first time as there was no height restriction on the ride. We got about 30 seconds into the ride and Katie started saying "all done". Guess she didn't like it as much as the rest of us did!

So we took the kids over to where you could meet Woody and Buzz Lightyear while Todd and I took turns riding Toy Story Mania with Michael one more time each. Michael LOVED the ride and probably could have gone on it 10 more times. He also was thrilled to meet Buzz and Woody and have his picture taken with them.....Katie not so much.

We ate our final dinner at the Cape May Cafe, which was a seafood buffet. I think it was a great ending to our trip. Todd and I both took advantage of the all you could eat crab legs, although I think we could have eaten more if it was just the two of us there. By the time dinner was over, it was almost 8:00 and the kids were DONE. I think we were all pretty exhausted. What a great vacation it was!!

1 comment:

Carrie77 said...

WOW! Nathan would love, love, love that train setup!