Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Katie's First School Artwork

During her first week of school, Katie told me that she put paint on her hands and put them on a piece of paper.  She also told me that it was messy but her teacher, Ms. Beth, helped her to clean her hands when it was done. 

When I picked her up from school today, her teacher gave me the artwork with her handprints on it.  Katie was so proud of it and told me all about how they made it.  We went to lunch with Todd and she happily showed it to him as well.  He read the poem on the paper to her while she listened intently.  It was so cute.

I can't wait to see what else she brings home from school (and I really want to find a better way to store and sort the artwork too).


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I bought one of those really long sort of flat storage bins, and I keep one for each kid on top of their closet (but it may go under their bed in time). I keep all of the artwork I love in there. I toss the rest. I take a photo of ALL of their artwork and size it by the same width and keep a folder for each year of school. I number each too like 1 - Handprint Art, 2 - My Family, etc. So that I know which they did earlier that year and later. That way I have an electronic file of all their artwork, even of the ones I toss. Not sure if this will work for you, but I love it! BTW, I love seeing their crafts they bring home, too! Such a highlight to the day!