Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Alone Time

Todd had a 2 day work conference in Orlando this past weekend.  I was lucky enough to be able to go with him to Orlando while my parents watched Katie and Michael.  This was our first trip away from the kids alone since Michael was born.  It felt a bit strange to be somewhere with Todd but without the kids.  It was nice to have some relaxing alone time.  Unfortunately, Todd spent most of the day in the conference but we got to spend time together at night.  We even had a nice and entertaining dinner at a Japanese steakhouse on Monday night.  I spent my days reading in the room or by the pool at a neighboring hotel (the pool at our hotel was undergoing renovations).  I have to admit that by the end of the second day alone, I was ready to head back.  I don't want another 6.5 years to go by before Todd and I get away together again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky! Laying by a pool and reading for hours ALONE sounds amazing!!! Glad you had a nice trip!