Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Puzzling

Michael has always been a big fan of putting together puzzles so we thought that Katie might enjoy them as well.  We got her a Dora puzzle and she also has a Sesame Street one.  From time to time, I ask Katie if she wants to work on a puzzle.  She would do it with me but quickly get frustrated when the pieces didn't go together immediately.  I am not sure what has happened recently but she can now put together a 24 piece puzzle by herself.

Last week, Katie took out a Dora puzzle and sat down at the table with it.  I watched her pull out the pieces and start to work on it.  I was doing something in the kitchen and when I looked over, I noticed that she had already put together at least half of the puzzle.  I went over and sat at the table with her and watched as she finished the rest of the puzzle without any help from me.  She was so proud of herself and it was awesome to see that!

Katie got a new Dora puzzle last week and she promptly set to work putting that one together.  Now that she has it down, she assembles the puzzles, takes them apart and does it all over again.  I figure this is how she is getting so good at doing the puzzles.  And here is the finished product:


1 comment:

Joanna said...

It so neat to watch things finally click with them. Very cool.