Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pinkalicious!

Today I took Katie to a live stage show based on the book series Pinkalicious, which she loves.  I was so excited that they were having another performance after having several shows earlier in the year.  I got the tickets and Katie wore a cute dress that had a girl on the top part who looked very similar to Pinkalicious.  The show was performed in a theatre in a former store in a local mall.  It was very kid friendly.  All of the kids could sit in front of the stage on the floor to see the show.  I told Katie that we could sit on the floor together if she didn't want to sit by herself.  She just wanted to sit in the chairs.

The show started and Katie started eating the snacks I had brought.  I asked her several times if she could see or wanted to sit on the floor.  She still didn't want to.  The show lasted about 50 minutes.  5 minutes before it was over, Katie told me that she was ready to go.  I told her that the show was almost over and she told me it was boring.  This kid cracks me up!

After the show, the actors were outside the theatre signing autographs.  I got out Katie's program and she let several of them sign it but she wouldn't take a picture with anyone, not even Pinkalicious.

I was disappointed that she didn't love the show like she loves the books but I think that Katie didn't quite know what to expect.  I imagine that she was expecting it to be like a cartoon or something that we watched on a TV.  This experience won't stop me from trying more shows like this in the future.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hahaha! Love your photo of Kate! She sure loves the camera these days! ;)