Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bittersweet

The first day of preschool for Katie is tomorrow.  I am so excited for her to start on this new journey but at the same time, I am sad.  For the past 3 years, she has been with me almost every day since I became a stay at home mom.  I am not worried about her adjustment to preschool because she has wanted to go there ever since Michael did.  In fact, her teacher even remarked about that!  Maybe it's because she is our baby and it seemed like this day was so far away.  Now that it's here, I am wondering where the time has gone. When she was younger, I felt like we had so much time until this day came.

Katie will only be at school for 3 mornings a week from 9-11:45.  I know the time will fly by but I think the first few days are going to be quite an adjustment for me too.  It will be nice to be able to run errands by myself and get some things done around the house but I know that I will be so happy to see her at 11:45.  It also helps that she is going to have the same teacher that Michael did so I already know what to expect.

Before she went to bed, she told me that she was going to miss me while she was at school.  I told her I am going to miss her too!

No comments: