Friday, June 15, 2012

Girl Time

This week, Michael was at camp in the morning and I wasn't watching any other kids so it was just me and Katie from 9am-12pm.  I wanted to take advantage of the time we had together since it's so rare that the two of us get time alone. 

Tuesday we went to the summer movie morning and saw Happy Feet 2.  Katie watched about the first hour of the movie and then told me she was ready to go.  This also coincided with the exact moment that she ran out of popcorn!  We headed out to pick up Michael.

Wednesday we went to Music and Movement at the library.  They normally have storytime on Wednesday mornings but this is something different for the summertime.  Katie was a little slow to warm up to it and I think it was a bit overwhelming at first.  There was lots of singing and dancing.

Thursday we went to another library for coloring, doing puzzles and reading books.  Katie often asks if we can go to the library and I love it too.  We left there and still had some time before we had to pick up Michael so we went to a new playground.  We were the only ones there and it was fun to watch Katie play and make up games by herself.

Friday we decided to just relax at the house while Michael was at camp.  I got a few things done around here while Katie did letters and watched some Scooby Doo.  It was nice to have that one-on-one time with her this week!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hahaha! That sounds like Autumn at the show. She will devour the kids meal (popcorn, capri sun and gummy treats) then lose all interest in the show! Cute! Also, I love taking the kids to the library, too, altho I really only get them there for the summer reading program and special little family nights they have.