Monday, January 23, 2012

Potty Training: Complete

I have hesitated to post this as I figured once I did, then Katie would have an accident. Katie is now potty trained, both day, naps and nighttime. She is still having occasional accidents at night but she wakes up dry 95% of the time.

The biggest hurdle to completing potty training was pooping on the potty. We officially started training in July and I will say that we finished up in the second week of January. That was almost 6 months. She has been pee trained for at least the last 5.5 months though.

I am not sure who said that girls were easier to potty train than boys but the opposite was true here. Michael went from pull-ups to underwear all the time in about 2 weeks but he was just one month short of turning 3. Katie showed interest much earlier but didn't seem fully committed to the idea. Once she decided to give it 100%, there was no looking back.

It was rough at times but I am so happy to be done with diapers! We have had someone in diapers in this house for 5 1/2 years straight. It's a bit of a bittersweet moment though. Our little girl is growing up.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Now that I am complete with potty training with Autumn, I just want her to use the big potty so I can get rid of that ugly potty chair out of my bathroom! heehee!

Beth said...

Way to go Katie! Seth still needs a pull-up at night, so I still have to buy those. But at least William can finally go all night! LOL. I'm jealous at how quickly both of yours did the night transition!

Joanna said...

Great news.