Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Never Enough Sleep

Sleep is something that we always seem to have a shortage of in this house. The kids normally get to bed between 8 and 8:30. However, during the week, it's pretty hard to wake Michael up, even though he's up bright and early on the weekends. I always wonder what that's about and have thought about telling him there is no school the next day so he gets up without me having to wake him.

Katie has transitioned pretty well to her bed. Now that she is wearing underwear at night, this usually results in at least one or two trips to the bathroom. This would be fine if she didn't want me to tuck her back in. So I am getting interrupted sleep just about every night. I feel like I am getting too old for this.

The third sleep issue is that I can't seem to go to bed early. Once Todd and I settle in for the night, it's our time to catch up on our days and relax. I like to watch TV, go on the computer and read. I often do this for too long, just taking in the relative quiet. I know that I should attempt to go to bed before midnight but it just seems to come way too fast.

I really want to make more of an effort to get to bed earlier at night. Maybe it would make the wakeups better for me, which would allow me to get Michael up a little earlier. It doesn't help that school starts at a ridiculously early hour in my opinion (7:50 am). Quite a change from the preschool start time of 9am!

No comments: