Sunday, January 29, 2012

36

Today was my 36th birthday. I am now officially on the downward side of the 30's. However, I am finding that I am enjoying life so much better as I get older. Maybe it's maturity or maybe it's just that I have learned to appreciate everything that I have to be thankful for.

It was a wonderful day. It started with Todd getting up early with the kids so that I could sleep in. He brought me breakfast in bed and the Sunday paper. I was also able to take a leisurely shower. When I came downstairs, both kids wished me a happy birthday. Todd's parents and Sidney came over today to help celebrate the day. His mom cooked a nice breakfast of sausage, eggs and toast. Shortly after lunch, I put Katie down for a nap and enjoyed some quiet time as Todd took Michael to Home Depot with his dad.

After doing everything for the kids and waiting on me too, Todd prepared a wonderful steak dinner for all of us. The birthday would not have been complete without the finishing touch, a Carvel ice cream cake. It's been my favorite birthday cake since I was a little girl! Apparently Katie agrees with me as she ate her piece and the rest of Michael's. She told me that the cake was yummy.

Thank you Todd for the wonderful birthday gift of rest. It's really all a mom could ask for.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday again! I've never had a Carvel bday cake, guessing its like a Dairy QUeen or Baskin Robbins by you? Steak dinner sounds fab too!