Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's the little things

Michael has been bathed by someone almost every day since he was born. For the past few years, he has been taking a shower with Todd. Now that Katie is a little older, she wants to take a shower with them too. It is getting crowded in there and the time has come for either Michael to take his own shower or for me to give Katie a bath.

After much coercion from Todd and I, he finally decided that he was going to take a shower by himself. He washed up and did a really good job. I guess he enjoyed it. Last night he informed us that he was ready to take his own shower again. Apparently he likes the water really warm because he kept asking me to turn it up. All I had to do was put the shampoo in his hand and lather up his washcloth.

I can honestly say that giving a bath is not my favorite part of parenting. Todd has done the vast majority of bathing Michael for the past few years and I haven't missed it. Still, it was bittersweet watching our little boy take his own shower but I was proud of him for the kid he is growing up to be.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Goodness. You made me realize just how big our (once) little boys are getting. Its just... unreal, isn't it? Another milestone!

Stacey said...

Cute picture! Cole will stay in the shower for an hour if we let him.