Monday, April 18, 2011

Get Well Soon

The past week has been filled with illness in our house. It all started last Sunday with Michael getting sick as soon as we got home from dropping Todd off at the airport. He would go almost 24 hours without vomiting before he had another incident. The last one was EARLY Tuesday morning. He was finally well enough to go to school on Wednesday, although I am not sure he felt back to normal until the next day.

On Wednesday, the little boy that I watch during the week got sick with a fever in the afternoon. He slept for the entire rest of the afternoon until his dad picked him up. He stayed at home on Thursday and Friday with his mom to get better.

Michael woke up around 5am on Saturday morning and he was burning up. I took his temperature and it was 103. It stayed pretty steady for the whole day, except when the medicine was working. He hardly got up from the couch or bed all day and even took a nap!

Sunday he seemed to be feeling better. We had a birthday party to go to but Michael and I dropped Katie and Todd off. It was a good thing that we didn't go because Michael had a fever again this morning. We were packing his bag to go to my parents' for a few days when I decided to take his temperature. It was a good thing I did that. I called the doctor and got an appointment for the afternoon.

It turns out that Michael has strep throat. At least we were able to get the antibiotic and hopefully he will be on the way to getting well. Let's just hope that it doesn't pass to anyone else in the house.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Analese had strep throat last summer. It cleared up quickly with the antibiotics, and nobody else got it. I was surprised that she didn't really complain of a sore throat, though.