Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Serious Conversation

Last night I was putting Michael to bed when he started asking me some questions.

Michael : "Where is Grandee's (my mom) dad?"

Me: "He died a few years ago."

Michael: "Why did he die?"

Me: "Because he was old."

Michael: "Where is PopPop's (my dad) mom?"

Me: "She died when I was pregnant with you."

Michael: "Where is Grandaddy's (Todd's dad) mom?"

Me: "She died too."

Then he started crying and saying that he would miss his grandparents when he died. He said this about 3 or 4 times before I finally told him that he would see everyone again in heaven. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his grandparents would probably die before he would. He really took me by surprise when he was asking these questions. He was so sad that it made me start crying too.

It makes me wonder what questions he will ask in the future and if we will be ready to answer them. I guess we better start preparing now.

No comments: