Monday, March 7, 2011

I don't know how they do it

I am talking about moms with 3 or more kids. Since I have started watching another child during the day, it takes me even longer to get moving to get out of the house. I guess that you develop a rhythm over time and become extremely proficient at multi-tasking. I only have 2 hands, which is a bit of a handicap when trying to handle 3 kids.

It's pretty funny because there are definitely some times when I feel like I have the entire situation under control. And then there are other times when I feel like if something could go wrong, it will. I try to keep things in perspective and realize that I have moments like this even when it's just me and Katie.

Someone told me that adding a third child to your family isn't that hard at all in most cases and that the hardest part is the logistics of getting someplace. I can see where they were coming from. But it's fun to have a playmate for the kids and another child to spend my days with.

1 comment:

Kara said...

2-3 for us was very tough. As my husband says we no longer run a man to man defense. We have to run a zone.