Monday, July 12, 2010

Playhouse in Progress - Part V

The playhouse has been 90% complete for a while now. The kids can play in the sandbox and we have had makeshift stairs for Michael to go into the playhouse itself.

Last weekend Todd stained the outer walls of the playhouse a cedar color, along with the outside of the sandbox. This weekend, Todd wanted to build the stairs. He was having a bit of a hard time finding some that would reach as high as the playhouse. So he decided to build a rock climbing wall to get up into the playhouse. It looks great. He also added a steering wheel on the porch as a finishing touch.

Here are a few pictures of the updated progress:









7 comments:

Heidi O said...

Holy Guacamole Batman! That playhouse is sooooooo awesome. I am just glad that my kids haven't seen it or they will be asking for one. Wow. talented! Seriously I am jealous that I can't play in it.

Heidi O said...

Holy Guacamole Batman! That playhouse is sooooooo awesome. I am just glad that my kids haven't seen it or they will be asking for one. Wow. talented! Seriously I am jealous that I can't play in it.

Kara said...

Love it!!

Beth said...

Wow--that is awesome!!!! I am going to look for something like that if we ever get a house with a yard. Of course, I'll probably never find it since it's one-of-a-kind!

Mel said...

I love it!! WOW! Tell your hubby that he is awesome and gets the playhouse designer/builder of the year award!

Steph said...

Looking good!

Joanna said...

Dude, That's awesome. I bet you could hid out in there and drink wine while hiding from the kids!

Todd did a great job. I love the idea of making a rock wall to get in.