Thursday, July 1, 2010

Final Cake Project

Last night was the final cake decorating class. These past four weeks I have had a lot of fun. I learned a lot of techniques to bake cakes better and make awesome icing for decorating. Now it's just time to practice!

I had to make a cake and put icing on it before we got to class. I used this recipe but didn't have the right cake pan so I improvised. I made a 2 layer cake with blueberry filling. I decided to decorate it with balloons and a bead border for Michael. I wanted to put one more thing on it and the instructor suggested a clown and showed me how to make the body with icing.

I brought the cake home and showed it to Michael this morning. He thanked me for making such a beautiful cake for him. He sure knows how to make me feel good about myself!

Not only did I learn a thing or two about cake decorating but I also met quite a few nice women. We plan to get together at the end of July to have a cake party to practice our techniques. Hopefully I will get to take another class sometime in the future!



2 comments:

Joanna said...

Hmm...very nice...cake....drool...

Heidi O said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmm!