Thursday, July 8, 2010

Diaper Dilemma

For the past few weeks, Katie has been waking up with a soaking wet diaper just about every morning. At first, I thought that it was time to move up to the next size so I tried that. When that didn't solve the problem, I put one diaper on the right way and a second diaper on top of that backwards. Still didn't work. I tried waterproof pants and putting a onesie on her underneath her PJs. No success there.

The reason that none of these solutions work is because Katie is constantly sticking her hand down the front of her diaper and pushing it down. When this happens, the diaper is not providing enough coverage and the leaking results. At least we have 2 of the ultimate crib sheets that I can rotate as they have to be changed every day.

I keep hoping that she will stop this habit and try not to pay much attention to it. But it's hard when she keeps wetting her clothes. It's kind of funny in a way because this is something that I would expect a boy to do. I don't really think of girls putting their hands down their pants. I know that she is just curious but I am wondering when she will grow out of this phase. In the meantime, I guess I will just be washing sheets every day!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Do'h! I'm sure this will come in handy when you want to embarrass her in in front of friends. Other than that, it pretty much just sucks.

Mel said...

HEE HEE - that IS kinda funny:) But boo for having to do frequent laundry. Hope she finds something else to entertain her. Maybe a new crib toy to distract her?

Heidi O said...

This to shall pass.... I wish I had some sort of tip or trick for you.

Steph said...

Can you try overnight diapers? Not sure that those will help with her pushing her diaper down, but the extra absorbancy may help? I used those w/Cooper for a long time because he would leak through his diaper once he finally started sleeping through the night.