Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Wrapup

I know that the weekend actually starts on Friday night but I am starting this past one a little early.

Thursday night, Katie, Michael and I traveled to St. Matthews (about 45 minutes away) to visit our good friends Susan, Jason and their son, Nathan. They were visiting from Colorado for her sister's wedding. Jason's mom was nice enough to host a get-together at her house so that their friends could see them while they were here in SC. We have a very nice time visiting, even though it was too short. Michelle, Charles and their girls, as well as Stephanie & Doug were there too and it was good to catch up with all of them. I don't like that we all live far apart and it seems like too much time can go by without seeing each other. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera in the car, as I had my hands full with 2 kids and all of their related items! I know Susan got some good pictures that she will email to me.

Saturday we went to a birthday party for my friend's little girl, Ava. It was an Ariel and Disney princess party. I know that Michael was just thrilled to be there with all the little girls. He had a fun time playing with the toy kitchen and running around outside. He also enjoyed hitting the pinata that they had filled with candy....this boy loves some candy! Katie was entertained by my friend's grandmom for most of the party and completely content. Of course, she was being held and what's not to like about that.





After the party, we headed home for a bit and then went to our friend Mat and Jennie's house. Their daughter, Kaitlyn, who is almost 2, had her little pool set up outside. She and Michael played in the pool and also on the splash pad in the backyard. Michael also had fun going down the slide in his wet bathing suit. Talk about a funny thing to watch. It was pretty warm out and it felt good to have the water running through my toes as well.





Sunday we relaxed in the morning and slept in a little bit. Mid-afternoon, the 4 of us headed to the pool. Even after his swimming lessons last week, Michael still doesn't want to go in the big pool or jump in. He prefers to stay in the baby pool. Katie enjoys the pool more than he does, I think. Of course, at this point, she doesn't know any better. I know that she feels the cool water and will let me put her to float on her back. She even wore a new swim outfit this weekend that was adorable.



The weekend was pretty busy and after some of them, I feel like I need another one. We had a good time though and were sad to see it end!

No comments: