Monday, April 27, 2009

Where did spring go?

The weather here is so crazy. Last week I was wearing a long sleeve shirt, jacket and long pants. Today I am wearing a tank top, sandals and shorts. I wonder where spring went. It seems like it was winter and then, all of a sudden, summer is here. The same thing happened last fall. We went on a week's vacation to south Florida. When we left, we had the air conditioning on. When we got back, it was time to turn the heat on. There was no middle ground or time to just the enjoy the weather as it was.

I am beginning to think that this is going to become the norm, rather than the exception. I could understand if we lived in some place further South but we are in the middle of South Carolina. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade this for New Jersey weather ever! I don't miss bitterly cold winters with wind chills below zero and summer nights that are breezy and you need a jacket for most of them.

I just wonder when we changed from four seasons to two?

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I had the most random dream about you last night. I'm sure you are nothing like this person in my dream, but she was definitely named "Karen Sipos." I went to visit her in L.A., and she showed me around her incredibly huge house which featured a carousel with Nazi symbols in the living room. Huh?

Joanna said...

LOL, I'd rather have Jersey shore weather than the heat, but only if it comes with the beach and salt water taffy.