Friday, April 3, 2009

First Solo Day with Both Kids!

Since Katie has been born and we have gotten home from the hospital, I have had either Todd or my mom at home to help me with Katie and Michael. Today was my first full day with both kids as my mom went home yesterday afternoon and Todd had to work today. It went surprisingly well.

We had a fairly uneventful morning. Katie slept for most of the morning and Michael & I got to play blocks and color a bit. We ate lunch together and then I fed Katie. After that, she went down for a nap and I took Michael up to his room to take a nap. Both kids actually napped at the same time! This was a major accomplishment as far as I was concerned. When Michael woke up from his nap, we decided to make cookies for Todd when he got home from work. Michael helped me to stir the batter and put the cookies on the baking sheets.

I was happy to be able to spend the day with both kids together and I am not nearly as nervous to be here by myself with both of them. The next step in adjusting to two kids will be taking both of them out by myself....of course, I have to be able to lift things and drive again first!

No comments: