Monday, April 6, 2009

3 weeks old

Katie is 3 weeks old today. I am amazed at how fast the time is flying by with her. I don't remember it going so quickly with Michael but I guess that it did because he is already almost 3.

She still does quite a bit of sleeping. If she isn't sleeping, it seems like she is either getting her diaper changed or eating. She likes to "fuel up" early in the evening and then sleep for a 4 or 5 hour stretch before waking up to eat. She will then normally sleep for another 3 or 4 hours after that. We have been working on getting her to sleep by herself in her bassinet or baby papasan. It's been going pretty well. I do love the feeling of having a baby sleep in my arms.

She is fitting into our lives so easily and it's hard to imagine what it was like before she got here. Michael is adjusting better than we had expected to his role as big brother. He loves to go up to Katie and give her a kiss on the top of her head. Then he says "Oh, Katie". I guess that's from hearing everyone else say that to her.

We are so thankful for our little girl!

No comments: