Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mom of the Year Award

Carrie from Mama's Going to Buy You a Mockingbird nominated me for the following award. Check out her blog when you get a chance.....thanks Carrie!


Rules for Mom of the Year Award:

Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

I feel guilty whenever I spend time away from my children. I am on maternity leave now but will return to work full time for the rest of the year next month. I know that as a mom, you need some time to yourself but I just want to spend all the free time I have with my family! Especially when I am already working 5 days a week. After I do spend some time away, I am happy that I did it but am always excited to see Michael and Todd (and now Katie).

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. I love when Michael asks me to "holdge" him. It's so sweet!

2. I love how Katie does her little grunts when she is waking up from sleeping

3. I love how well Michael has taken to Katie and when he gives her little kisses

4. I love to take a nap with Michael and/or Katie

5. I love watching Michael learn new things and to see how excited he gets

6. I love the bond that I have formed with both of my kids as a result of nursing them

7. I love that I get to experience being a mom to both a boy and a girl!

Send this to five other Moms of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you. This was a really difficult list to make because so many of my bloggy friends are awesome mommies!

Susan at DuBose Family

Amanda at Zoey's Mommy

Staci at Rustic Roots

1 comment:

Mel said...

BIG CONGRATS ON HAVING KATIE!! I was looking at her pics and she is GORGEOUS! I don't know how I missed her arrival announcement on your blog. I know it is old news now, but I was lurking on BBC and saw you post and that is how I realized that Katie is here! Just wanted to state my congrats!