Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

The weekend started with Todd and Katie going to have lunch on Friday with his mom.  They picked up some amazing flowers for her, which she loved.  I also made a red velvet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting, her favorite.  Since they brought the cake to her office, it was finished off by the end of the workday by her co-workers.  However, she did manage to get one piece.



We went to my parents' house in NC to spend the weekend with them.  Michelle, Alex and Lila also joined us there.  It was a nice weekend spending time with family.  Todd and I even got to head out to the outlets for a few hours on Saturday afternoon without kids.  We don't often get time to ourselves together away from home so it was a real treat.  Saturday night Michelle and Alex went out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary and Lila stayed with all of us.  I loved smelling her sweet baby smell.  We headed home this afternoon.

I got a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure from Todd and a covered cake pan from the kids, as well as a sweet card and silhouette tracing from Michael.  I look forward to my mani/pedi but will probably wait until we are going on our trip to Johns Hopkins to get it as it would get messed up due to occupational hazards :)

This is not the best picture of me and Katie but it's the only one with either of my kids today.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

No comments: