Monday, February 27, 2012

Tardy

Anyone who knows me well knows that I tend to be late to almost everything. For whatever reason, I thought that I could turn over a new leaf when Michael started kindergarten. I am not exactly sure why I thought that when I could barely get him to preschool on time and it started at 9:00am.

I have good intentions and it can even look like we are going to be early but then one thing happens that causes the whole morning to get off track. It also doesn't help that the first bell rings at 7:45 and the tardy bell at 7:50. I have even considered having Michael take the bus so he could get there on time but realized that there would be no way for me to have him out there at 7am if we struggle at 7:45am.

I just found out that you are considered tardy unless you are in your classroom when the second bell rings. I guess I just assumed that if you were in the building, then they wouldn't mark you tardy.

Since I want to set a good example for Michael, I am going to make every effort to get him there on time for the entire month of March. I am hoping that by posting it here, I will work harder to make it happen. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck! I heard a story recently about school districts really throwing the hammer at chronically tardy parents. Read this Washington Post article. A little harsh if you ask me, but my only assvice is to do as much as you can the night before! Lay out clothes. Make lunch. Get backpack packed. Set timers. I hate the morning scramble!

Carrie said...

Nathan's school is really strict, its a private tuition based school, so they CHARGE us if we have so many tardies! As in $10 a tardy! Crazy!

Janna said...

Good Luck!

The kindergarten my boys will go to starts at 7:50. WAY TOO FREAKING EARLY! We wake up at 7:45 right now. It's going to be a rough transition for us for sure!