Monday, February 7, 2011

Why didn't we use this sooner?

One of my Christmas gifts was a webcam for my laptop. Several people had told us about Skype as a great way for connecting with people far away. You could have free video chats with anyone else who had a webcam and Skype. We got my mom a webcam for Christmas too.

We had our first video chat a few weeks ago. The kids love being able to see Grandee and Pop-Pop on the computer when we can't see them in person. We have also done a video chat with a local friend. It's fun to be able to see the person when you are talking to them. We even got to chat with my cousin in California one night.

Skype was one of those things that I had heard about and thought it would be so hard to use. Once Todd got it set up, it was fairly easy to use. Even though I love to use the computer, I can be behind technology at times. I am so glad that we decided to start using it and hope to be able to chat with more family and friends who live far away!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I love skype! That was our primary form of communication with my BIL and SIL when they were in New Zealand. I always thought it was neat that they were right there with us even though they were on the other side of the world! Modern technology rocks!

London said...

We love skype too! Especially since all our family is far away. The other day when I didn't have the phone I even found out I can just call my mom's laptop through mine without a webcam even attatched. So cool!

Steph said...

Yay! We love Skype for the grandparents! Since they are both equally far away it works for everyone to see one another. We used it to open gifts with my family this year at the holidays since we cancelled our trip there due to the flu at our house.