Thursday, February 17, 2011

One More Month

until Katie turns 2. I have been trying to keep up with monthly updates on what Katie's been doing. After she turns 2, I may do them every other month instead.

Today we went to the store and I got a crown cake pan for her birthday. We are going to do a princess theme for her party. But since she loves Elmo, I am going to make Katie her own personal Elmo cake on her actual birthday. There are so many different options to do for girls' birthdays.

Katie is completely a toddler and not babylike at all anymore. I can't believe some of the things that come out of her mouth. She interacts and communicates with Michael in the cutest ways. And he is really embracing their relationship as well. He got Valentines on Monday and came home to sort them. He pulled out 4 of them to share with Katie. She said to him, "Thank you Michael!". It was adorable.

Her hair is growing quickly. I am debating whether or not to let her hair grow out to one length. It's hard because she doesn't want to wear barrettes or clips so her hair would be in her face. She will talk about "boats", as she calls bows, and how they are pretty. But then when I ask her if she wants to wear them, she tells me no!

She is now wearing some 3T shirts and growing out of her 24 month pants. She wears a size 7 shoe and is fairly agreeable to letting you put on her shoes and jacket to go out. She wears her glasses every day, even if she takes them off about 20 times a day.

Katie loves interaction with other people once she gets to know them. I joke about how she won't say anything to people that she knows but will talk your ear off once she is comfortable with you. One of her favorite things to do is to say "bye" to the person after they have already left.

I am so excited to see her reaction to her birthday next month. She says "happy birthday" to people but wonder what she will think of everyone saying it to her!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love theses posts that you do. I need to start doing them... Kylee turns three tomorrow so maybe I will start this weekend. :)