Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How did this happen?

Michael will be 5 in May and starting Kindergarten in the fall. Monday I went to his future elementary school to register him. It almost seemed surreal when I was doing it. I didn't feel quite as sad as I thought I would. I know that the first day of school will be a different story though. I am excited for him to start school and continue his journey of learning.

It seems like his first day of preschool was just a few months ago but it was almost 2 years ago. I am sure that these elementary school years will fly by too. I can't believe we will have a Kindergarten student in our house in less than 6 months. Before we know it, Katie will be following him to school!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Exciting times, but bitterswet to think that the next 13 years will also fly by, then it will be off to college...sniff sniff...