Thursday, June 11, 2009

We are now the proud owners of a.......

2006 Toyota Sienna minivan!! This was an unexpected purchase for us but definitely one that was needed. The transmission in our 2002 Dodge Intrepid was done and it would have cost more to fix it than the car was worth. So this is the vehicle that we decided on. We also looked at the Toyota 4Runner, which would have been great when we just had Michael.

So far I really like it and I think Todd likes it too (even though he may not want to admit to it). If you would have asked me 5 years ago what kind of car I would be driving, I don't think a van would have entered the picture. At the time, I still had my 1990 Nissan 300ZX....maybe someday, in the distant future, I can be the owner of a sports car again. I sometimes don't feel old enough to be driving the van but then I realize that we have 2 kids now and it just seems right.

It's silver, has leather seats and quite a few other features that were not must haves, but are definitely welcome. We got a DVD player installed in it for long trips. I am sure that Michael will be enjoying that but he doesn't know about it yet and we want to keep it that way. If not, he will be asking for TV all the time!

No comments: