Friday, May 22, 2009

Well, I survived it

My first week back to work after maternity leave, that is. There were moments when I thought the week would never end and other moments when the time was flying by because I was so busy.

I went into the work week a bit tired from all of the activities of last weekend (Michael's birthday party, Katie's baptism). Monday was the worst day for me. It suddenly hit me that I was going to be spending more time away from Katie in one day than I had in the previous 2 months since she was born. As usual, it was harder on the mom than the child. Katie was in good hands at home with her grandmom for most of the week and with Daddy today.

Michael went back to daycare on Tuesday and he did great after being at home with Katie & I for 2 months. He only went 2 days this week, which was the perfect transition to return. I was more worried about how he would do than I was about how Katie would do. Probably because he is aware of what is happening.

Work was work, as usual. It's been hard to get back into the swing of things since I haven't been there for 2 months but I am trying. I have to develop a new routine as I am pumping at work and the schedule varies a bit every day. Eventually I will get into a new groove and hopefully things will get a bit easier. I keep reminding myself that it's only for a few months and then I will be home with the kids next year.

No comments: