Saturday, May 16, 2009

10:11 pm, 3 years ago

was when our lives changed forever and Michael Todd Sipos, Jr was born. He was not due until May 22nd but due to pre-eclampsia, my doctor decided to induce me on the morning of May 16th. I was in labor for most of the day and was wondering if I would even have a baby that day as time went on. Around 9:00pm, they were having trouble with his heart rate and it was determined that I would have an emergency c-section within the hour. I don't remember too much else after that as things really seems to move quickly. The last thing I remember was being wheeled into the operating room and then I was put out under anesthesia. When I woke up in recovery, Michael was here!

He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 1/4 inches long and I was wondering how much bigger he would have gotten if I went until the due date. He had just a little bit of very light hair. In the nursery, he looked so tall because his arms and legs were completely stretched out. And he was a very alert baby too!

As he grows and changes, I am simply amazed at how much joy he brings to our lives. Now that he is talking more and more, we can have the funniest conversations. He is full of energy and keeps Todd & I on our toes at all times. He has his moments just like any child does where he doesn't listen and do what we want him to. Even in these moments when he is challenging us, we still love him so much and know he tests us because he loves us too.

Happy Birthday Michael, our firstborn son. Mommy and Daddy look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you. And so does Katie!

No comments: