Monday, March 9, 2009

This Time Next Week....

Katherine Marie will be here! I can't believe it's so close and yet it seems like this week is going to drag by. It seems like there is still so much to do but I know that there is not much we NEED for a newborn baby.

We also want to take this last week and spend as much time with Michael as possible. I know that this is going to be a huge adjustment for him and I want it to go as smoothly as it can. In time, he will love and protect his baby sister but I expect for there to be a good bit of jealousy. He is such a sweet and loving boy and as happy as I am to be giving him a baby sister, I don't want him to feel cheated.

We are very blessed to have a son and a daughter on the way and I know that everything will work itself out. It's just hard sometimes to imagine going from a family of 3 to a family of 4 and making sure everyone is happy. I feel like I have been so much more emotional during this pregnancy, but maybe that's because I am already a mother and know what a wonderful, life-changing experience having a child is! I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I know it's going to be a big change, but young children seem to adjust pretty quickly to new situations. But I do know how you feel because I've already started worrying how Aiden is going to handle being a big brother and that's not happening until September!

Joanna said...

Poor Katie, I can just imagine Michael's reaction the first time she brings home a boy. It will be about as bad as Todd's.

Carrie said...

You are so right, def. take time out to spend with Michael now and to make him feel special before the baby arrives :) Can't wait!