Monday, March 2, 2009

37 weeks....only 2 to go

Looking back, I realize that this pregnancy has gone by much quicker than my first one. That's probably due to several things. First of all, we didn't find out we were expecting until I was already 9 weeks along. Second, I now have a 2 year old. Add to that, a husband (who has been extremely helpful while I have been unable to cook or clean for most of the pregnancy) and a full time job and it's no wonder that I can't imagine where the time went.

I have been trying to cherish these last few weeks of being pregnant as I am 99% sure this will be our last child. For every thing that makes me feel bad with this pregnancy, I try to look at something that I experience that is a joy of pregnancy. When I am woken up at night to use the bathroom, I feel happiness when I get back in bed and Katie starts kicking me. When I feel sick with heartburn, I try to think about how big Katie is getting and that's why I feel so bad. This approach only works about 50% of the time, but I figure it's better than nothing.

In two short weeks, it's hard to imagine that I will be holding Katie in my arms. I can't wait and at the same time, I am going to savor every last moment of this pregnancy!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

LOL. I love how you've been able to stay positive during this pregnancy. I'd say your 50% is pretty good, all things considered.