Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have actually been wanting to blog for the past couple days and haven't really felt like I had anything exciting to talk about. Katie's room is almost done but I still need to tidy up the boxes of clothes all over the room, thanks to generous friends who lent us cute little baby girl clothes. And we redecorated our hall bathroom, which will be the kids' bathroom so we wanted something fun and gender neutral. But I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of that either.

I have been doing several pregnancy related blogs lately and this idea came to me. I am not sure that it has to do so much with pregnancy, as it does with eating. I really enjoy certain foods and one of the things that I was looking forward to with pregnancy was being able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. Unfortunately, this benefit of pregnancy seems to have passed me by due to the horrendous heartburn I have experienced during both pregnancies. I was telling Todd yesterday that I am so tired of eating the same 5 things, give or take a few.

I can't wait for Katie to arrive to be able to enjoy eating a egg for breakfast again. The only eggs I have been able to eat are hard boiled eggs. I am going to have someone bring me an Egg McMuffin in the hospital. That's how bad I want one....I can taste it. I also joked about eating a steak for dinner one night in the hospital. Everyone knows how delicious hospital food is so this would not be likely. Maybe Todd will grill one for me when we get home from the hospital.

I believe that I will continue to eat ice cream and drink milk, which have been two of my staples during this pregnancy. I have also consumed mass quantities of cheese. I have been a cheese lover all my life and doubt that will change any time soon. There is a benefit to having a limited pregnancy diet though: it definitely kept me from gaining too much weight. I think I like the nursing diet much better than the pregnancy diet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love random blogs!!

I can't wait to see pictures of Katie's room and the bathroom. What decor did you end up going with?

Oh, and I don't know what kind of hospital food you have, but mine has some pretty good stuff! TMI, but I can't wait to poop after my c/s so I can eat it! Some of it is pretty fancy though. And since I'm picky, I joke that I'll order it for DH and he can go get me pizza or something. Or steak! I have been eating a ton of that lately. So yummy!

I can't believe Katie will be here so soon! Enjoy these last few days of being pregnant! :)

Joanna said...

I agree about the nursing diet. Anything you want whenever you want. Sweet.

Carrie said...

Oh I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery and bathroom! I have been dying to redo our bathroom as the decor is from 7 years ago! EEK! I need to post pics of Autumn's nursery and Nathan's big boy room sometime to share. Oh, and I had horrible heartburn, too, with both pregnancies..it was so weird, I had it during labor and everything, but as soon as the baby was out, it was gone just like that!! You are getting so close!