Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Out of the mouth of a 2 year old

Katie has been saying some of the funniest things lately. Having a conversation with her is highly entertaining. She has started to repeat some of the things that she hears Michael say too.

Some of her recent favorites include: "How you dare me" (How dare you?), "I never get to eat that" (courtesy of Michael), and "Oh, man". It's pretty hysterical to hear these phrases coming out of her mouth. Her tone of voice makes it even funnier as she is very dramatic. She also likes to start sentences off with statements like, "you remember the other day when I....."

Having a conversation with Katie is like talking to a 3 or 4 year old. She is constantly asking questions and making observations. We were at the grocery store earlier this week and I asked her to help me count an item that we were buying. I started with 1, 2 and then she finished with 3, 4, 5. We have also been working on manners. If Katie catches you talking with your mouth full, she says, "You shouldn't talk with your mouth full".

I tried to get a video of her talking but as soon as she realizes that you are filming her, she turns to the camera and says "stop saying cheese". I was able to get a few phrases while her back was turned to me one day. This is such a great age for talking as things really start to come together.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Katie and Will are so much alike! My favorite thing he is doing is taunting Cole all the time with comments like, "Sorry Cole, you can't have water right now. Nope, you'll have to wait a while." It makes Cole furious but totally cracks us up.