Thursday, June 23, 2011

Movie Time

Yesterday I took Katie and Michael to the summer dollar movies. Each Tuesday and Wednesday, a local theater has a slightly older movie for a dollar. This week's selections were How to Train a Dragon and Shrek 3. I let Michael pick the movie and he decided on How to Train a Dragon. We got into the theater and it was very loud. He told me that he changed his mind and wanted to go see Shrek 3 instead.

We went over to the theater that was showing Shrek 3 and then Katie didn't want to go in. She told me that it was scary and she wanted to leave. I took her to the movies last summer but all she was interested in then was running up and down the stairs. I told her that I had some popcorn in my bag and that got her to come inside.

Michael sat through the entire movie with minimal talking and Katie sat in my lap for 75% of the movie. Towards the end, I think her eyes had adjusted some and she was getting antsy. She would climb up and down 2 stairs but not go any further because the movie was loud and she would get startled.

I was prepared to have to get up in the middle of the movie and leave because Katie wouldn't want to sit still. Both kids did surprisingly well and I feel confident enough to attempt taking them again, along with the little boy that I babysit. We'll see how that goes....

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Cool! We're looking forward to the Winnie the Pooh movie that comes out this summer because we thought it'd be Will-friendly enough. Cole will sit through anything since he's a screen zombie.