Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Mommy, can I......?"

This is one of Katie's favorite ways to start a sentence. It can end with all sorts of requests. A few of the most popular include ".....something to eat", "......watch a show,", ".....go outside". Her newest one let me know that she is listening to everything we say. Yesterday Katie came up to me and said "Mommy, can I write my name?". This was when I was sitting at the table writing with a pencil. I told her yes and gave her a magnetic erase board and she "wrote her name" to her heart's content.

Tonight I wasn't home for bedtime so Todd put the kids to bed. Katie didn't go to sleep right away and he had the monitor on. He said that she was up there talking to herself. Todd likes to tell Katie and Michael that he is crazy about them. Todd told me that he was listening to Katie say, "crazy about Daddy", "crazy about Mommy", "crazy about Michael", and went on to list a bunch of different people, including one of his co-workers (who is also a good friend). We both thought that was pretty funny. It was also even more proof that she really is taking it all in.

I think we are going to have our hands full with Katie too! This can be such a sweet age.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

How sweet. I love that she's crazy about so many people. Little kids have such big hearts